Scarsdale High School
Final Presentation Instructions
Presentations and the audiences for them will be organized via core groups. These are groups of students organized by mentor who will present to each other, their mentor(s), and their invited guests. Mentors with fewer than 4 mentees will be paired with other mentors and their mentees to make up a core group. Each core group will need a block of 2 ½ - 3 hours for all of its presentations and feedback. This time satisfies all audience obligations for the students.
Time and place:
· Mentors and their mentees will be given a time block and room assignment as part of the School’s End of Year Proctoring and Exam Schedule.
· Presentations may, if appropriate, be at a time other than during the normal school day, and/or at a place other than school property. Notify Mr. Leong of any alternative plans ASAP.
· All in-school sites will be equipped with multimedia presentation stations. Requests for other school equipment (i.e.: piano) must be made as far in advance as possible to assign the appropriate room.
· Use your last meetings with your mentor to discuss the content and format of your presentation. Presentations are generally 25-35 minutes long, can use a variety of formats and leave room for discussion and questions. Students who have worked on the same project or who have worked at the same site can present collectively. Modify the length of the presentation appropriately.
· Discuss possibilities with your Sponsor and invite them to your presentation.
· Invite guests: friends, parents, and teachers.
· Allow ample time for giving feedback to each presenter. Feedback may be after each presentation with the audience participating, or collectively and privately, at the end of all presentations.
· Mentees must stay for the entire block of their core group’s time. Invited guests are encouraged, but not expected, to stay for the entire session.
· Go to as many other presentations as you can. Participate. Ask questions. Get involved.
· Mentees must fill out a required evaluation form and return it to their mentor.
· Parents are also encouraged to fill out an evaluation form after their child’s presentation.
PRESENTATION & FINAL EVALUATION REQUIREMENTS
1. All presentations that have media components (power point, video etc) must be burned to a CD and compatible with school PCs. Students MAY NOT bring their personal Macs into school for their presentations. Please click on the following link to access a detailed instruction sheet explaining how to save and burn a presentation to a CD. INSTRUCTION SHEET
2. Students must upload their presentation to Google Drive or hand in on flashdrive in an envelope with their name clearly labeled to their mentor after the presentation. Mentors must then turn these CDS into Jose Lamela.
3. If students are not including any media in their presentation, they must hand in an outline of their oral presentation to their mentor after the presentation. Mentors must then turn these outlines into Jose Lamela.
FINAL EVALUATION FORMS
The Senior Options Committee is eliminating paper evaluation forms and is now using Schoolwires Surveys to complete all evaluation forms. Please use the LINKS for Student, Mentor, Parent and Sponsor Evaluation Surveys. This data is important and the committee uses it to implement policy changes, so we ask your help in making sure they are completed.
1. Student Evaluation -- At your final mentor meeting (prior to presentation), please have students pull up the survey and complete it under your watchful eye in order to be sure it is completed.
2. Mentor Evaluation – please log on and complete this survey.
3. Parent Evaluation – an email blast will be sent to all parents. Please remind parents at the final presentations to take 5 minutes and complete the survey/
4. Sponsor Evaluation– an email blast will be sent to all sponsors. Please ask sponsors when you have your final communication with them to take 5 minutes and complete the survey.
LINKS FOR EVALUTIONS:
SPONSOR EVALUATION: STUDENT EVALUATION MENTOR EVALUATION PARENT EVALUATION